Monday, August 01, 2011

Real Talk Three!


I can't believe that September is almost here! This year is flying by so fast and the month of September is significant to a lot of different people for different reasons. For some, it means that Fall is approaching. To others, Back-to-School is near. My mother's birthday is in September. But it also means it time for another Social Media sabbatical.

I was debating whether I was going to do this again this year. I mean, it seems that Social Media has taken over every aspect of modern life, from doing business, to staying in touch with friends and family, and the not-so-nice parts of life such as cyber-bullying. This started as a bet two years ago that I couldn't give up Social Media sites for a month....and I did....and it felt great. I had real conversations with people OFFLINE because.....well, I forced them to.

This year, the task of giving up Facebook and Twitter won't be as difficult because I've already been a little too busy to Tweet like I should. I've been busting my hump at work and it's paid off. I got a promotion! So while I'm not tweeting, "liking" anyone's pictures or statuses, or forming a "huddle" or "Circle," I'll be trying to figure out how the hell do I do my new job well enough not to get fired. Haha.

Fair warning to all, if you need me, call me. I'll write to everyone via snail mail because I have waaaay too much stationery in my house, and I think its nice to open your mailbox and see something other than bills there. Don't worry. I'll still text those stubborn folks.

No comments: