Saturday, June 26, 2010

Eat

This blog entry has been in my head for quite sometime. I just never knew how to put it into written words. I'm not entirely sure if I even know how to now, which is also part of the problem.

So a couple of weeks ago, I was speaking to a friend of mine, The Poet (I know, the codenames are getting cheesy, but whatever.) and we were just talking about life en general. catching up on what's going on in each other's world via our weekly phone call - because who has time for face-to-face contact these days? Unfortunately, there was nothing new for me to report. I mean, there was work, which happened to be really pissing me off at the time for no particular reason. There was financial stuff, which made me pissed off at work even more. But that was it. Now normally, this wouldn't upset me. I have no life and I've sort of gotten accustomed to that for the time being. But the fact that The Poet was going through a similar situation only made me ponder further what was going on with me.

It's no secret that I have a low tolerance for unnecessary stupidity. However, every little thing was setting me off. From giving directions to people who refuse to read what's in front of their face, to putting up with indoor temperature changes at the Ghetto-ria. I had too much going on in my life and at the same time, not enough.

I was/am in a funk.

And it is a damn shame that it has taken me two consecutive days off to relax enough to figure that part out.

The way that I'm feeling now makes me think about Elizabeth Gilbert's book, "Eat, Pray, Love." And while it is true that the book speaks to me in a different way that it spoke to me when I first read it, the overall theme of "living your own life" is still loud and clear to me. This summer, the book will be brought to live in film. "Eat, Pray, Love" will star Julia Roberts and if the movie is half as good as the book, then I may end up....well, just check out the trailer below:



One line from that that stood out to me is when she says she wants to "marvel at something." I SO want that. If I could get away with packing up my car and driving away and never coming back I swear I would do it like....now. I know that the title is "Eat, Pray, Love" but I swear all I wanna do is eat. I don't wanna pray. I don't wanna love. I just want to EAT. I want to eat an entire pot of pasta (which I almost did today), I want to eat life...consuming everything around me and somehow making it part of a new me as I travel on.

As for the other two parts, I'm sure I'll get there eventually. First I just need to get out of this funk.

No comments: