"You told Harpo to beat me?"
Not exactly the color purple that I had in mind, but rather the context that I use it on a daily basis.
For anyone who knows me in real life, you may notice from time to time I may don the phrase, "Mmmm...purple!" You may wonder what it means or where the hell did it come from. Now I shouldn't be sharing such private information on here, but since no one reads this shit anyway I'll tell you. First, a little education on the definition of purple:
1. a colour between red and blue
2. cloth of this colour, often used to symbolize royalty or nobility
3. the official robe of a cardinal
1. of a colour between red and blue
2. (of writing) excessively elaborate: purple prose [Greek porphura the purple fish (murex)]
1. Referring to a person of the male species whom is physically attractive.
Yes, it is my semi-discreet way of informing my buddies of some eye-candy within a 50-foot range. I know it's silly, but it beats "Ooooo SHIT, look at HIM!!!!" So there.
So where did it come from? Well, truthfully the phrase has evolved over several manefestations into the catchphrase that is used by me today, but here is the original coinage, from a Dave Chappelle stand up routine. Pay attention close to the end and you'll notice that the "grape drink" in question and I are composed of the same ingredients.
Purple Power baby!!!!